BEWARE upgrading Horde System

Thierry Thomas thierry at FreeBSD.org
Mon Apr 10 20:14:14 UTC 2006

Le Lun 10 avr 06 à 14:55:55 +0200, Alexander Leidinger <Alexander at Leidinger.net>
 écrivait :
> Several ports already handle this situation. There's some "plist
> magic" which does a "@exec [ -e x ] || cp x.dist x" (or something like
> this, I didn't looked it up) and a "@unexec cmp x.dist x <appropriate
> conditional> rm x".
>
> So it makes a copy to the config file from the .dist one on
> installation and removes the config if it is equal to the .dist one on
> deinstallation. It may be the case that you have to do the same thing
> in the port Makefile too (when @exec isn't executed when installing
> from source). Another alternative would be a pkg-(de)install script
> which handles the removal in the pre-deinstall case and the copy in
> the post-install case.

The Horde port already uses such mechanisms...

The problem with these PHP applications is that your configuration
parameters are mixed within some code, and you cannot blindly keep a
copy of your config files from your initial installation forever.

> While we're discussing the horde upgrade... is there some trick to run
> the 3.0 to 3.1 history migration script or is my php setup fucked-up
> in the CLI (for the apache module case everything is setup in
> httpd.conf, no php.ini) case (I get some error messages about not
> being able to include pear.php or something like this... I don't have
> the error messages at hand)?

move_history_out_of_datatree.php is a Horde script, which uses Horde
classes, which need to find pear in your include_path. You could try to
set a temporary php.ini (with PHPRC or php -c).

Regards,
--
Th. Thomas.