linux_base-debian - going to 3.1?

Sat Apr 8 16:25:38 UTC 2006

Am Sat, 8 Apr 2006 12:22:11 +0200 (CEST)
schrieb Marko Kuntic <mkuntic at mioc.hr>:

> Hello,
>
> Are there any plans for upgrading the FreeBSD port of Debian Linux up to its
> stable release (3.1) in the near future (like in time for the release of
> FreeBSD 6.1)?

Very unlikely. The default linux_base is linux_base-8. Everything is
supposed to work with the default one. If it's doesn't break with
another linux base port, then you are free to feel lucky (there are
known bugs in non-default linux ports, the old maintainer wasn't
willing to fix them and insisted that the default linux base port is
changed to fit his style, ATM those non-default linux base ports are
unmaintained).

Some people are working on updating the default linux base to fc3. But
this will not happen before the release. We're holding back some
commits until the release is out of the door, since those commits would
change too much before the release.

Feel free to submit an update for the debian based linux base port, but
even if you do it *now* it will most likely not be available in the
release.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
               Speak softly and carry a cellular phone.
WL http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/registry/1FZ4DTHQE9PQ8/ref=wl_em_to/