FreeBSD Port: mediawiki-1.5.8

Alan Ridgeway aridgeway at speedband.com
Thu Apr 6 19:01:19 UTC 2006

Hello

FreeBSD 6.0 (Fresh install).

Mediawiki 1.5.8 from ports using the command portinstall.

During the setup it asked if I want to use PostgreSQL. I chose to do so
since
I prefer the features of PostgreSQL. Once the entire set of dependent ports
have been downloaded and installed and I got Apache 1.3.34 working with
my DNS,
the web page offered me to setup MediaWiki. When I choose to do so, I
got the following error:

  MediaWiki 1.5.8 installation

/Please include all of the lines below when reporting installation
problems./

    Checking environment...

      *Warning*: dl(): Unable to load dynamic library
      '/usr/local/lib/php/20020429/mysql.so' - Cannot open
      "/usr/local/lib/php/20020429/mysql.so" in
      */usr/local/www/data-dist/mediawiki/install-utils.inc* on line *17*
      Could not load MySQL driver! Please compile php --with-mysql or
      install the mysql.so module.

Hence it would seem that the choice to use PostgreSQL in the package is
not working correctly.
I believe I can fix the problem for myself(not new to FreeBSD or Linux,
but I am to PostgreSQL and Mediawiki).

If you have an easy fix for this, I will gladly upgrade my port.

Thanks

--
Alan Ridgeway
SANS GIAC: GSEC, GCIH, GCFW, GCUX