portupgrade & make config-recursive

[LoN]Kamikaze LoN_Kamikaze at gmx.de
Tue Apr 4 14:50:00 UTC 2006

Guillermo MORENO-SOCIAS wrote:
>    Hello.
>    I use portupgrade -aRr to upgrade my ports collection.  I would
> like to know if there is a way to do the equivalent of "make
> config-recursive" with portupgrade so one would not have to watch the
> console to intervene now and then.  I have read "man portupgrade" but
> have not been able to find any way to do this.
>    Thanks in advance.
>                                       Guillermo Moreno-Socias

If you really read it carefully you'd know that "portupgrade -a"
resolves all dependencies in the right order and that "-Rr" in this case
doesn't make any sense.

You can run
# portupgrade -an | grep "+ "

for a list of ports that would be build and visit them manually. If you
use csh or a compatible shell you can use
# portupgrade -an |& grep "+ "

to get more compact output. Alternatively a small shell script for this
task is easily written.