Pare Down Dependencies from Gnome

Jason C. Wells jcw at highperformance.net
Sun Apr 2 17:33:00 UTC 2006

Tom McLaughlin wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-04-01 at 11:44 -0800, Jason C. Wells wrote:
>> I am having a hard time tracking down how some dependencies get hooked

** snip **

Thanks for the great answer.  That should help.  The "WITHOUT*" options
you listed will get me part way there.  The kerberos problem I observe
might need some attention.  And evolution, well, it's a bit presumptuous
to think I want to add the evolution data service to my network just to
run gnome but oh well.  I'll build it and then make sure it's disabled.

A desktop environment should not _dictate_ network service dependencies.
     If there is a network service dependency then that feature should
be optional and turned on by the user. (my $.02)

Later,
Jason