Portupgrade Error

Mark Kane mark at mkproductions.org
Wed Sep 28 11:37:53 PDT 2005

Mark Linimon wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 28, 2005 at 01:18:09PM -0500, Mark Kane wrote:
>
>>It worked with csh before...any reason it should not now?
>

> I don't know, but from time to time we see reports of people that have
> problems building ports under csh that disappear when sh is used.  The
> test in bsd.python.mk that you were having problems with has been there
> for quite some time, btw.

Oh, okay. Well I'll use sh from now on then, no problem. That
bsd.python.mk message appeared on my last portupgrade as well (first one
done on this system since it was installed a few months ago). The last
portupgrade went fine, but is that something I should worry about?

>>Stupid question, but does this mean I'm good to continue with
>>portupgrade now? I see the warnings but it didn't say to run pkgdb -F or
>>anything.
>

> In general running pkgdb should be safe.  AFAICT you should be good to
> go now but Your Mileage May Vary.

Do you think I NEED to run it based on that output? The guide to
portupgrade I am following says to definitely run it if I am told to,
but doesn't say anything about running it otherwise. portversion -l "<"
seems to show the out of date ports properly so I'm not sure if it is
needed.

Thanks again. Much appreciated.

-Mark