port register/unregister hogs up resources and takes forever

Michael C. Shultz ringworm01 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 15:56:56 PDT 2005

On Monday 26 September 2005 14:00, Mikhail Teterin wrote:
> I submitted
>
> 	http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/86310
>
> some time ago.
>
> Port registration/unregistration is also affected by the same problem with
> the PACKAGE-DEPENDS-LIST script. Anyone feels like fixing it?
>
> You, probably, have a circular dependency somewhere. For example, until
> very recently it was possible to hang oneself by defining both WITH_ESD and
> WITH_ARTS.
>
> 	-mi

Just to let you know, I tested your patch with sysutils/portmanager by
deleting a random few dependencies of gnome2 then running "portmanager -u"
to see if they would be found and reinstalled.  Portmanager makes extensive
use of "make all-depends-list" to find missing ports and the test passed with
your changes.  Keep in mind though, it also works fine with the original
bsd.port.mk.

-Mike