Unifying WWW: pkg-descr lines for cpan ports

Pav Lucistnik pav at FreeBSD.org
Tue Sep 13 05:33:34 PDT 2005

Roman Neuhauser píše v út 13. 09. 2005 v 14:26 +0200:
> # pav at FreeBSD.org / 2005-09-13 13:22:53 +0200:
> > Sergey Matveychuk píše v út 13. 09. 2005 v 15:19 +0400:

> > > May be. If I'm sure, I'd give you a patch :)
> >
> > Yes I think it would be better there :) Please mail me an exact wording
> > of a paragraph you want there, I'll handle the SGML and committing for
> > you.
>
>     I beg to disagree. I wouldn't be looking for it there. A 3.2.1.1
>     would be better.

I don't want to clutter Quick Porting section with such specialized
info. It's supposed to give you a really quick start to your first port.

We can debate if the structuring of PH into Quick Porting and Slow
Porting, duplicating much of the data of first in the second, is a good
design.

We could do a detailed subchapter in Chapter 8 about pkg-descr, if
desired.

>     Though I don't see a single fourth level chapter in the whole PH.
>     Is that too deep?

It could be a "Note:".

--
Pav Lucistnik <pav at oook.cz>
              <pav at FreeBSD.org>

If God is perfect, why did He create discontinuous functions?