Unifying WWW: pkg-descr lines for cpan ports

Garance A Drosihn drosih at rpi.edu
Sat Sep 10 16:32:54 PDT 2005

At 6:22 PM -0400 9/10/05, Bill Fenner wrote:

>The disadvantage of this second phase is that if the port is for
>an older version of the module, that the WWW: URL will point to
>the most recent version.

I am a little uncomfortable with this.  If I understand this right,
this means the "download" step of a port will succeed, only to have
the "checksum" step fail.  I suspect that will be confusing for
users, and they will then ask about their mysterious file-corruption
problems on the mailing lists.

Or maybe I've just got the wrong idea of what this means...

(the first phase seems perfectly fine to me, of course)

Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad at gilead.netel.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad at freebsd.org
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute    or  drosih at rpi.edu