mod_fcgi problems

James Tanis jtanis at pycoder.org
Fri Sep 2 15:58:22 PDT 2005

Nevermind, after some body/text searching, I see that it's listed in the
current unassigned ports problem report. At least I know I'm not crazy :).

On Fri, September 2, 2005 5:35 pm, James Tanis wrote:
# I've just now decided to post this, but the problem has existed for a
# little while now. Honestly, I'm just not really sure where to start based
# on the information the port system is giving me. I'm running FreeBSD
# v5.4-stable with a kernel compiled on July 5th after updating from CVS.
# The system is an older pentium2/433mhz w/ 320 megs of ram. The ports tree
# is current, updated maybe a half hour prior to this message. A simple make
# while in /usr/ports/www/mod_fastcgi works fine, it's in the install
# process that I am getting the error. Here it is:
#
# ===>  Installing for mod_fastcgi-2.4.2
# ===>   Generating temporary packing list
# ===>  Checking if www/mod_fastcgi already installed
# cd /usr/ports/www/mod_fastcgi/work/mod_fastcgi-2.4.2 ;
# /usr/local/sbin/apxs -i -a -n fastcgi mod_fastcgi.so
# /usr/local/share/apache2/build/instdso.sh
# SH_LIBTOOL='/usr/local/share/apache2/build/libtool' mod_fastcgi.so
# /usr/local/libexec/apache2
# /usr/local/share/apache2/build/libtool --mode=install cp mod_fastcgi.so
# /usr/local/libexec/apache2/
# cp mod_fastcgi.so /usr/local/libexec/apache2/mod_fastcgi.so
# cp: mod_fastcgi.so: No such file or directory
# apxs:Error: Command failed with rc=65536
#
# Any suggestions? Tell me if any additional information is needed.
#
# --
# James Tanis
# jtanis at pycoder.org