broken getopt

Robert Fitzpatrick lists at webtent.net
Fri Sep 2 05:43:38 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-01 at 23:36 -0500, Paul Schmehl wrote:
> --On Tuesday, August 30, 2005 8:08 AM -0400 Robert Fitzpatrick
> <lists at webtent.net> wrote:
> >> If you really must link Postfix with libraries that slurp-up GNU getopt,
> >> "fix" the definition of GETOPT() in sys/util/sys_defs.h. Perhaps there
> >> should be a CCARGS override for this...
> >>

> > I'll have to say I have no idea what these guys are talking about on the
> > Postfix list, it must be some port I've installed that has linked in a
> > way they suggest. I have not done anything except install very common
> > ports on this FreeBSD mail server with no special linking or compile
> > options, etc. All ran smooth until the latest portupgrade of Postfix and
> > other related packages - amavisd-new, SpamAssassin, etc. Can someone
> > here perhaps suggest how I might track down this problem?
> >
> make rmconfig, then run install again - this time don't select SPF.  That
> should solve your problem.  The problem isn't with gnu getopt.  It's with
> SPF.

So, I cannot use the SPF support? I have two customers on this transport
server that use SPF records. Also, this is a production server and I
need to be sure of my process for re-install. I assume by what you're
saying above, I should run 'make rmconfig' to remove configurations and
then re-install on top of what's there, or does rmconfig do more?
Actually it looks like there is another version ready in the port system
one minor higher than mine, can't I just run portupgrade and don't
select SPF? And if I do that, should I still run rmconfig? Thanks for
the help.

--
Robert