sendmail from porst vs vase sendmail (problems)

stan stanb at panix.com
Wed Aug 31 18:51:32 PDT 2005

I'm trying to help out a friend who has created a mess.

We are working on a relatively current (perhaps 2 weeks old)
4 STABLE machine. This machine will ultimately be exposed to the
Internet without a firewall. He is convinced that the version
of sendmail in the base system "just won't do". I;m not so
convinced, and would like to hear others opinions on this.

However at the moment sendmail is not working at all. I built
it from the ports tree last night, and I can't seem to get it to work.

I think the best thing to do might be to go back to the version in the
base system, and get that working, then try to upgrade to the ports version.

Does this make sense? If so, how can I accomplish this?

--
U.S. Encouraged by Vietnam Vote - Officials Cite 83% Turnout Despite Vietcong Terror
- New York Times 9/3/1967