FreeBSD Port: suphp-0.5.2_1

Jeremy Chadwick freebsd at jdc.parodius.com
Mon Oct 31 03:10:34 PST 2005

I get 2-3 Emails a week (not exaggerating) asking me about when
the suphp port will move to 0.6.0 that I now have a template
for a default response.  Here is that template:

Sadly, no, because 0.6.0 has not only numerous security holes, does
not build properly on FreeBSD 4.x systems due to C++ STL limitations
of gcc 2.95.4, and many other mistakes in the code.  Additionally,
even on my 5.4-STABLE box, once I got it to work, it would crash and
attempt double free()s once in awhile.

Some of these problems are fixed in the CVS repo version of suphp,
but many other bugs (including security ones) remain.

For some details, please see this FreeBSD PR:

Otherwise, I urge you to look at the suphp mailing list archive.  There
are so many security problems, and flat-out bugs in 0.6.0 that there is
no way I would feel comfortable unleashing it on the FreeBSD community.

Sorry.  :-(

| Making life hard for others since 1977.                             |