Attention Adam McLaurin (was: Re: boost v1.33.0)

Simon Barner barner at FreeBSD.org
Sun Oct 30 14:25:31 PST 2005

Adam,

since I cannot contact you personally, I'll post my answer to your
question here:

Simon Barner wrote:
> Hello Adam,
>
> > I'm wondering why we've been sitting at boost v1.32.0 for so many months
> > while v1.33.0 is out.
> >
> > In particular, the iostreams functionality in v1.33.0 is what I'm after.
> > I actually built it myself from source without any problems, so I'm
> > wondering why we haven't updated the port.
>
> I know it's a pain that boost 1.33.0 is not in the tree yet, but it is
> due to the ports slush that has unfortunately been ongoing for literally
> months now. I asked portmgr for an update approval, but it was rejected,
> so the update still sits locally here (it is ready since the offical
> release by boost.org since I had been experimenting with their release
> candidates.
>
> I've attached the updated port, and I'd ask you to try it out and to
> tell me if there are any problems with it.
>
> Boost 1.33.0 will be committed as soon as FreeBSD 6.0 is out of the
> door.

The update is here:
http://home.leo.org/~barner/freebsd/boost/boost-1.33.0.tar.gz
--
Best regards / Viele Grüße,                             barner at FreeBSD.org
 Simon Barner                                                barner at gmx.de