Squid +pid 48635 (squid), uid 100: exited on signal 6 (core dumped)

eculp at bafirst.com eculp at bafirst.com
Wed Oct 26 04:12:27 PDT 2005

Quoting Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org>:

> On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 07:15:54AM -0500, Edwin L. Culp wrote:
>> 4 Current servers running current and squid-2.5.11_3 that had no
>> problems maybe a month ago are now dumping core and logging the
>> following:
>>
>> +pid 48635 (squid), uid 100: exited on signal 6 (core dumped)
>
> I'm seeing this too.  In fact squid has always been pretty unreliable
> for me on busy hosts - it often just exits without leaving any trace
> in the logs.
>
> Kris
Hi Kris,
Thanks.  I don't feel alone anymore. As I've heard many times "misery
loves company". I can now confirm it, yet again.;)  In this case, I
have been using and depending on squid since the late 90's and have had
some issues as with everything else but all in all it has helped me a
lot more that hindered.  I would not want to live without it.  Habits
are hard to break ;)

If I can just make a little extra time today I'm going to recompile
squid, get a backtrace and go from there with some great folks who have
offered to help and share our findings with all.

a very good day to all,

ed