An idea about forbidden ports

Roman Neuhauser neuhauser at sigpipe.cz
Wed Oct 26 02:57:44 PDT 2005

# vs at FreeBSD.org / 2005-10-26 08:41:08 +0000:
> * Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org>:
> > That's not a bad idea.  Can someone come up with an implementation?
>
> I thought a bit about generating an empty package with a 'pkg-req'-script
> displaying the message...That wouldn't require any updates in the
> pkg-tools-chain.

    Except it'll break portinstall -P. ftp ls will be no good anymore.
    There's probably more.

    Instead of breaking user expectations, make pkg_add -r print

    "If you're sure you've got the package name right then this means
    that the package is not available for your platform/os version
    combination. Bla bla bla."

    and be done with it.

You don't know, man.  You don't KNOW.