Request gcc 34 port build gcj

Adam McDougall mcdouga9 at egr.msu.edu
Mon Oct 24 14:06:16 PDT 2005

I have some good news, I followed your tips with a slight modification
and got pdftk to work with gcj41.  For step 3, I made sure
libiconv was installed from ports, and edited
/usr/ports/print/pdftk/work/pdftk-1.12/pdftk/Makefile.Base
to add -L/usr/local/lib to CPPFLAGS:

CPPFLAGS += -DPDFTK_VER=\"1.12\" -L/usr/local/lib

The resulting binary seems to work fine, I tried one of the example
operations.

Do you think these workarounds could be incorporated into the port?
I plan on using it on a production server and it would be a shame
if it was removed.