Flaws in the ports system?

Benjamin Lutz benlutz at datacomm.ch
Thu Oct 20 17:30:26 PDT 2005

Parv wrote:
> It seems anybody who does not like "make search" and is able to
> generate an alternative, does.  I did.  And so did[0] Matthew Seaman
> by having sysutils/p5-FreeBSD-Portindex in the ports system.

Heh, seems so. But then it's very easy to do so with the INDEX file
already existing and being easily parseable, and writing such a tool is
a fun (and rewarding) programming exercise.

I guess what's missing is an all-powerful search tool. I have some
ideas, maybe around christmas I find some time to write something.

Cheers
Benjamin