FreeBSD Port: gtkextra-0.99.17_1

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Mon Oct 17 11:18:26 PDT 2005

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 04:57:31 -0500, Rob <spamrefuse at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at marcuscom.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 2005-10-16 at 22:49 -0700, Rob wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Gtkextra has been upgraded a while ago.
>> > It's now at version 2.1.1.
>> >
>> > Attached is a kind of upgraded port, but it
>> > may still need tweaking of the pkg-plist file,
>> > because I don't understand what it says about
>> > 'manually tidying up' in the Porter's Handbook.
>> >
>> > Please have a look and upgrade the port soon.
>> >
>> > If this is an acceptable way of providing a port
>> > upgrade, I will follow up with an upgrade of the
>> > scigraphica port.
>>
>> You should submit these upgrades in a PR.  That way,
>> it's easy to track,
>> and we can actually see your patch (the mailing list
>> ate your attachment).
>
> OK, done that; don't know if it then reaches the
> right person; let's see.
>
> The patch is now also here:
>   http://surfion.snu.ac.kr/~lahaye/gtkextra.patch

This patch doesn't look right. Isn't new gtkextra 2.x supposed to be
depends on GTK2 instead GTK1? The plist doesn't look right too.

I think, it might break other ports so it's best to have a repocopy from
gtkextra -> gtkextra20, they don't conflict to the each others. Unless,
you can update all other ports to use new gtkextra.

Cheers,
Mezz

> Cheers,
> Rob.