Problem compiling arts

Simon Barner barner at FreeBSD.org
Tue Oct 11 16:36:15 PDT 2005

Ade Lovett wrote:

> On Oct 10, 2005, at 16:32 , Simon Barner wrote:
> >
> > I guess, this is the source of the problem: libtool, automake and
> > autoconf,
> > are built with the system compiler, but arts++ needs gcc295.
> > Try deinstalling the above ports  and build the arts++ port
> > individually
> > (it will pull in the tools it needs).
>
> [snip]
>
> Absolutely not.  The autotools really don't care what compiler(s) you
> have around.

Hmm, I once had a case were I had to rebuild one of them. Perhaps it was
something different... I cannot remember how to reproduce it, but when
it occurs the next time, I'll let you know.

> If you'd inspected the error output a little more closely, you'd have
> seen:
>
> [...]
> configure:1612: gcc295 -O -pipe -march=pentium3   conftest.c  >&5
> cc1: bad value (pentium3) for -march= switch

Yes, true. Sorry for the noise.
[...]

--
Best regards / Viele Grüße,                             barner at FreeBSD.org
 Simon Barner                                                barner at gmx.de