[solved] Re: Java (jdk1.5) woes with firefox (1.0.6) and opera (8.5)

Ganbold ganbold at micom.mng.net
Mon Oct 10 18:37:30 PDT 2005

Mike,

At 07:25 AM 10/11/2005, you wrote:
>Thanks everybody, it's working.  After I stopped misinterpreting the
>instructions ("export AWT_TOOLKIT=XToolkit", is the *opposite* of
>"export AWT_TOOLKIT=MToolkit"), the applet comes up quickly and the
>graphics are fine.  The fact that the applet subsequently causes the
>java vm to take 99% CPU and has to be killed is only a slight downer at
>this point :|
>
>I pointed my browser at other sites with applets and they seem to work
>fine.  Is there any favorite site with a simple applet people use to check
>if their java plugin stuff is working?  I stumbled across yale's "ssh
>applet" and it seemed to work well....

Can you try www.speedtest.mn web site? When I try to load this page on
firefox (FreBSD-6.0beta5/Gnome-2.10.2/jdk15)
jvm crashes. However on windows xp (home machine) I can load applet with
firefox, but when I try to check the speed, it stops responding. IE works
fine. At work I have Windows xp too and everything works fine there.

Ganbold