FreeBSD ports: 1 unfetchable distfiles: shells/ksh93

Vizion vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com
Sun Oct 9 14:29:19 PDT 2005

On Friday 07 October 2005 16:27,  the author Bill Fenner contributed to the
dialogue on-
 Re: FreeBSD ports: 1 unfetchable distfiles: shells/ksh93:

>Joe,
>
>>I can only assume that whatever script your test uses is somehow
>>incorrect.
>
>Based on feedback already received today, I'm planning on skipping
>the tests on any port that sets FETCH_ENV, FETCH_CMD, or has a do-fetch:
>target.  I don't know how easy these will be to implement, so please
>bear with me.
>
>By the way, is it legally reasonable for the port to accept the
>pre-download license on behalf of the user?

While you are looking at this issue -- is there any way a request to the port
maintainer could be initiated, asking the maintainer to regularly check the
status of the port when the port is broken (file cannot be fetched) to bring
the port up todate?

For example Zend cannot be fetched. I think what happened was Zend created a
port of the Zend server which can install, right out of the box. The mistaken
assumption seems to have been made that the the current ZendStudio file  from
Zend will also unpack without the need for a port. The fact is it does not.

 I hate it when ports drop out of maintainence and finish up not being
available. Also installing as a port has significant benefits -- so how do we
get a system that deals with these 'oddities'?

david

 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing bound for Europe via Panama Canal after
completing engineroom refit.