Zend Studio

Vizion vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com
Thu Oct 6 16:05:05 PDT 2005

On Thursday 06 October 2005 15:52,  the author Vizion contributed to the
dialogue on-
 Re: Zend Studio:

>On Thursday 06 October 2005 15:39,  the author Shane Ambler contributed to
> the dialogue on-
>
> Re: Zend Studio:
>>I think you will find there is no need for one.
>>
>>The ports system is used to apply source code patches to get software to
>>compile and run on FreeBSD.
>>
>>Zend programs are commercial binary distributions that include an installer
>>- there is nothing that needs to be patched to get it running .
>>
>>You should find that if your untar the files you listed and cd into the dir
>>you will find the installer script.
>
>There are some problems I will mention the least significant first.
>1. Zend has a weird hack which moves php.ini away from /usr/local/etc and
>into /usr/local/etc/Zend
The above should read:

/usr/local/Zend/etc/php.ini

>>and replaces the original with a symbolic link.
> This could cause problems mounting across filing systems and then who know
> who will be the next developer to decide they want php.ini in their own
> local dir!!

One of the big advantages of the port system is ther contribution it makes to
maintaining consistency in installation/deinstallation processes.

>2. ZendStudio-5_0_0Beta.bin dumps core. I am talking with Zend about this
> and am hoping to get a fix out of them. I will post a notice here if I get
> one. -----
>dns1# setenv IATEMPDIR /var/tmp
>dns1# ./ZendStudio-5_0_0Beta.bin
>Preparing to install...
>Extracting the JRE from the installer archive...
>Unpacking the JRE...
>Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive...
>Configuring the installer for this system's environment...
>
>Launching installer...
>
>Bad system call (core dumped)
>-----
>
>3. No entry is made in the package database.
>
>4. There is no provision for de-install.
>
>>On 7/10/2005 1:08, "Vizion" <vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com> wrote:
>>> Is there any chance, in the very near future, of two new ports for
>>> ZendStudio?
>>>
>>> ZendStudio-4_0_2.tar.gz and
>>> ZendStudioServer-5.0.0Beta-freebsd5.1-i386.tar.gz
>>>
>>> A reply would be appreciated
>>>
>>> thanks
>>>
>>> david

 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing bound for Europe via Panama Canal after
completing engineroom refit.