FreeBSD Port: dri-6.2.1,2

Eric Anholt anholt at FreeBSD.org
Thu Oct 6 15:00:34 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-06 at 17:17 -0400, Osmany Guirola cruz wrote:
> hi
>  i have installed an ATI RADEON 9200 128MB RAM in my FreeBSD 6.0BETA4
> but i am having problems with direct renderin with some "gl" programs
> for example vmd(to view molecules) detect the direct rendering and works
> ok but pymol(similar to vmd) said
>   GL_VENDOR: Mesa project: www.mesa3d.org
>   GL_RENDERER: Mesa GLX Indirect
>   GL_VERSION: 1.2 (1.5 Mesa 6.2.1)
> is not using direct render and then is to SLOW..
> i put the enviroment variable LIBGL_DEBUG and saw this error when i run
> pymol
>
> libGL: XF86DRIGetClientDriverName: 4.0.1 r200 (screen 0)
> libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/r200_dri.so
> libGL error: dlopen /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/r200_dri.so failed
> (/usr/X11R6/lib/module s/dri/r200_dri.so: Undefined symbol
> "_glapi_Dispatch")
> libGL error: unable to find driver: r200_dri.so
>
> This have a solution? What can i do?
> I write this mail because the problem is with "r200_dri.so" that is part
> of the dri package

Your dri drivers have to be of the same general version as your libGL.
This means that current dri and dri-devel need current xorg-libraries,
xfree86-dri needs XFree86-4-libraries, and updating to a newer dri-devel
would mean we would need a newer xorg-libraries.  Your error message
there suggests this problem.

This wouldn't explain why some apps would get direct rendering and
others wouldn't, unless one of them was using linux-compat (which uses
its own modules and libGL)

Eric Anholt                                     eta at lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/              anholt at FreeBSD.org