Heads up: distfile survey resurrected

Bill Fenner fenner at research.att.com
Wed Oct 5 17:19:44 PDT 2005

I just wanted to let people know that the distfile survey is back running.
I *think* that all of the historic bugs are fixed, and Mark and I have done
quite a bit of work to try to get rid of errors in bsd.sites.mk .

It's scheduled to send email to people who have bad ports listed in
http://people.freebsd.org/~fenner/portsurvey/maintainers.html
on the 7th and 21st.

If you want to learn more about the web pages that the survey
creates, see

http://wikitest.freebsd.org/moin.cgi/DistFileSurveyResults

I've added several different views of the data to try to help
understand ports' status.  The wiki page above details each one;
I'll just give links here:

http://people.freebsd.org/~fenner/portsurvey/
http://people.freebsd.org/~fenner/portsurvey/site/
http://people.freebsd.org/~fenner/portsurvey/groups/group.html