First time port builder - help with MySQL headers needed

RH Lists lists at 101.net
Wed Oct 5 07:39:29 PDT 2005

Good morning,

I'm attempting to build a port of Osprey (osprey.ibiblio.org), and I have it
to the point where it's checking for mysql libraries.

I have the following mysql ports installed:

mysql-client-4.1.14

mysql-server-4.1.14

However, during the configure script, it bombs out:

checking /usr/include/mysql/mysql.h usability... yes

checking /usr/include/mysql/mysql.h presence... yes

checking for /usr/include/mysql/mysql.h... yes

checking for mysql_real_connect in -lmysqlclient... no

configure: error: Missing mysql library.

            Use --with-mysql=/path/to/mysql

I've seen this before, and in the past, I've worked around it by installing
mysql from source. But since I'm building a port, I suppose I should do it
the right way.

What's the trick?

Thanks all

Rob