tips for using CVS for managing maintained ports ?

Edwin Groothuis edwin at mavetju.org
Sun Nov 27 12:03:01 GMT 2005

On Sun, Nov 27, 2005 at 01:51:20PM +0200, Ion-Mihai Tetcu wrote:
> Do you have a complete copy of the Ports Tree (instead of /usr/ports or
> other place) ?

Not a complete copy, only a couple of ports I haven't commited yet.

I'm not sure if there is a public CVS server for ports, but that's
what I'm using (with a commit bit in my hand): pcvs.freebsd.org

Oh, see
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/anoncvs.html
for a list of them.

There is can just happily run "cvs update" and "cvs diff" against
the latest tree version and submit the right diffs.

Let us know how it works out!  Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org
edwin at mavetju.org    |          Weblog: http://weblog.barnet.com.au/edwin/