postgis: $libdir/liblwgeom.so.1": No such file or directory

Benjamin Thelen bt at ccgis.de
Tue Nov 22 11:48:29 GMT 2005

Hello list,

I am very sorry for reposting this question. I had no response and as I
now saw this error on three different FreeBSD 5.4 (Release) boxes I
think this could be a bug.

In earlier days where there was no postgis port, I already had some bad
experience with $libdir, but this was another problem.

I upgraded postgresql 8.0.3 to 8.04 and postgis - I think, it was 1.0.2,
but I'm not sure, sorry (but surely 1.0.x!) - to 1.0.4_2. I tried to
load the lwpostgis.sql to a new database and got the following error:

ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/liblwgeom.so.1": No such file or
directory

As "pg_config --pkglibdir" sais "/usr/local/lib/postgresql", I created a
symlink in /usr/local/lib/postgresql pointing to
/usr/local/lib/liblwgeom.so.1.

That helped, but what happend to the port? Did I do something wrong? Can
somebody reproduce this error?

Thanks,
Benjamin