Ports problem on amd64: bash

Simon Barner barner at FreeBSD.org
Thu Nov 17 07:42:17 PST 2005

Valerio daelli wrote:
> Hello everybody
> I am trying to install a bash on a FreeBSD 5.4 amd64.
> I cvsupped the sources and ports and just recompiled everything.
> When I go to /usr/ports/shells/bash and try to compile it, I get this error:
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>  peter# make CONFIGURE_ARGS="--without-bash-malloc --disable-rpath
> --enable-disabled-builtins --enable-static-link --disable-nls"
> ===> bash-3.0.16_1 depends on shared library: intl - not found
> ===> Verifying install for intl in /usr/ports/devel/gettext
> ===> gettext-0.14.5 depends on file: /usr/local/bin/libtool15 - not found
> ===> Verifying install for /usr/local/bin/libtool15 in
> /usr/ports/devel/libtool15
> ===> Returning to build of gettext-0.14.5

Why is this? Did you have old work directories in your ports tree? I'd
recommend setting WRKDIRPREFIX in /etc/make.conf, so all the object
files are stored unter the same prefix and can easily be cleaned out.

--
Best regards / Viele Grüße,                             barner at FreeBSD.org
 Simon Barner                                                barner at gmx.de