Amarok + postgreSQL version

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 13:29:56 PST 2005

On 11/13/05, Luk van den Borne <luktheluckyboy at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Set the WANT_PGSQL_VER variable to the number suffix of the postgresql ports
> > you want - /etc/make.conf is a good place for this:
> >
> > For a value use 'XY' from the postgresqlXY-client|server ports, for instance
> >
> > WANT_PGSQL_VER=73 will adjust dependencies to postgresql73-client|server
> >
> > and
> >
> > WANT_PGSQL_VER=80 will adjust dependencies to postgresql80-client|server
> >
> Is this confguration directive documented somewhere? Of course I did
> some searching before posting on this mailing lists, but I was not
> able to find it.

The variable is documented in the /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.database.mk file.

Shouldn't the version be set with the WITH_PGSQL_VER variable. As the
WANT_*_VER is supposed to be set by the port maintainer and the
WITH_*_VER is to be set by the user (According to bsd.database.mk).

--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.