Integrated DEBUG related macros to WITH_DEBUG/WITHOUT_DEBUG

Andrey Chernov ache at FreeBSD.ORG
Sun Nov 13 06:58:16 PST 2005

On Sun, Nov 13, 2005 at 03:25:59PM +0100, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> Yes, that's my main gripe with it as well. It's at least imaginable that
> people would want to set the same dependency trigger for every port they
> install, like WITH_ARTS (although it's just as well imaginable that they only
> want it for one or two ports in particular, which we traditionally only
> support very badly and ought to fix), but it's hardly imaginable that anybody
> would want every port they install to be built with debug symbols.

I must note that f.e. global WITH_X11 at least makes some sense, if you
have X11 (with exception that you still need to run some console variants
say, remotely, so some way to turn it off per port must exists), but I
can't say even that about global WITH_DEBUG, it is totally useless.

--
http://ache.pp.ru/