Integrated DEBUG related macros to WITH_DEBUG/WITHOUT_DEBUG

Norikatsu Shigemura nork at FreeBSD.org
Sat Nov 12 17:37:41 PST 2005

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 03:08:58 +0200
Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu at people.tecnik93.com> wrote:
> >    ports/mail/dspam		(but using WITH_{VERBOSE_DEBUG|BNR_DEBUG}, too)
> >    ports/mail/dspam-devel	(but using WITH_{VERBOSE_DEBUG|BNR_DEBUG}, too)
> --with-debug, with-verbose-debug, --with-bnr-debug are provided by the
> author and enable some some verbose logging which is much too costly to
> be used in production. Also usually you don't need to enable all three.
> This is different that an other switch GDBS (Gnu DebuGger Support) in
> my port Makefile that does CFLAGS+=-g -DDEBUG, STRIP= #
> because it helps debugging configuration problems not programming
> errors.

	mail/dspam and mail/dspam-devel have no problem.  Sorry,
	'but' which I descripted is too bad:-(.

> >    ports/mail/rabl_client
> >    ports/mail/rabl_server
> Here DEBUG serves for symbols and unstripped binaries.
> I would favor a "neutral" word (!=DEBUG) for compiling debug symbols
> and not stripping  binaries. The situation is similar to e.g. INVARIANTS
> and WITNESS vs. makeoptions DEBUG=-g in kernel.

	I understand your feeling. However, because it provies knobs
	complex, I don't agree:-(.  Let's more simply! :-)