Problem compiling against OpenSSL 0.9.8a with gcc 3.4.2

Tim Bishop tim-lists at bishnet.net
Sat Nov 12 16:45:29 PST 2005

I'm trying to update the port mail/gnubiff, and I'm running in to some
issues compiling. I get a bunch of errors like this:

/usr/local/include/openssl/sha.h:173: error: ISO C++ does not support
`long long'

I'm using 5.4 i386, with gcc 3.4.2 (base system) and OpenSSL 0.9.8a from
ports.

This error doesn't occur in my tinderbox builds for 4, 5, 6, or 7, so it
must be something about the state on my system.

I've currently bodged around it by setting CXXFLAGS to -Wno-long-long,
which turns off the "errors". From reading around I think they should be
warnings, but there's an issue with the -pedantic flag?

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2003-08/msg00847.html

Any further suggestions on what to do about this?

Cheers,
Tim.

--
Tim Bishop