horde ports deinstall bug

Thierry Thomas thierry at FreeBSD.org
Fri Nov 11 12:39:06 PST 2005

Le Ven 11 nov 05 à 20:30:20 +0100, John Nielsen <john at jnielsen.net>
 écrivait :
> The pkg-deinstall script used by many of the horde ports (including but not
> limited to imp, kronolith, gollem, ingo, mnemo, nag and turba) does not
> respect LHORDEDIR.  As a result, the uninstall does not back up config files
> if LHORDEDIR was set to anything other than the default value.  A portupgrade
> will therefore destroy any existing configuration that was not manually
> backed up.

You're right, they only respect PKG_PREFIX.

> A little sed trickery is probably all that would be needed to correct this,
> but being only an amateur porter I'm unsure where/how to write this up for a
> patch.
>
> I'd like to see this fixed, and I'd be happy to submit a PR (with patches if I
> get time to figure out how it all works exactly) if this isn't already a
> quick fix for someone more experienced.

It's not very difficult; Horde does it: pkg-deinstall is defined as
SUB_FILES, and the needed strings are replaced by SUB_LIST. There is no
more pkg-deinstall but a files/pkg-deinstall.in.

If you don't succeed in writing these patches, let me know, I shall do
it.

Anyway, thanks for the report!
--
Th. Thomas.