Flash 7 plugin no longer working in Firefox

Norikatsu Shigemura nork at FreeBSD.org
Fri Nov 11 10:17:17 PST 2005

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 12:22:11 +0200
Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu at people.tecnik93.com> wrote:
> > On Friday, 11. November 2005 06:45, Jack L. wrote:
> > > Please get and apply a dlsym(3) hook patch.
> > > http://people.FreeBSD.org/~nork/rtld_dlsym_hack.diff
> > > This provides _dlsym(3) function to fix dynamic-link
> > > error "can't find gtk_major_version" ad-hoc-ly.
> > > from pkg-message
> > > That fixed it for me.
> > And for me.
> Is there any reason for which this patch can't be committed ? I mean it
> has been along for a long time, and patching the sources every cvs-up
> is not that funny.

	Flash7 with native browsers were unstable for a long time.
	So I had no motivation to commit my patch to source tree.
	However, in recently, flash7 was updated to 7.0r61.  I expect
	that flash7 will be stable, and I'm testing 7.0r61 now.

	Now I'm research why libflashplayer.so cannot find gtk_major_version
	function.  I think that dlsym(3) should be similar behavior
	like Linux one:-).  So I'll modify dlsym(3) to become behavior
	of Linux's dlsym(3).