port devel/subversion

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Tue Nov 8 08:29:47 PST 2005

Hello Edwin,

EM> How about machines that need to reinstall/have a new install of
EM> subversion?  Simply assuming everybody either 1) already has subversion
EM> 1.2.3 on their machines or 2) wants to run the bleeding edge version
EM> instead of the latest stable release is a bit blunt...  Could you
EM> perhaps create a subversion12 port instead?
 It will be useful for 1 or 2 weeks and will pollute port system with one more dead port after that.

  If you badly need 1.2.3_3, download it from cvsweb.cgi, check out with `cvs' or downgrade with cvsup.

  I don't update ports to rc-versions in normal situation, but in case of exactly this version of subversion I found that it is best solution for many problems.

--
Best regards,
 Lev                            mailto:lev at FreeBSD.org