Excessive dependancies for OpenOffice 2.0 port

Volker Quetschke quetschke at scytek.de
Mon Nov 7 10:51:55 PST 2005

I will leave it to the actual FreeBSD maintainers to comment on the
first (snipped) part.

>(snip)
> There are also issues with Java on 64-bit platforms (or with jdk-1.5?), so I'm
> doing the --without-java here for now. We are all truly fortunate, that
> Java's licensing prevents OOo from bundling their own version with their
> source code...
>
> (dmake's license prohibits it too, BTW, but Sun/OOo did not care).

But where do you see license problems with dmake?

Every source file of the dmake package contains:

-- COPYRIGHT
--      Copyright (c) 1996,1997 by WTI Corp.  All rights reserved.
--
--      This program is NOT free software; you can redistribute it and/or
--      modify it under the terms of the Software License Agreement Provided

and that license.txt is GPL Version 1, February 1989. It's not BSD license,
so what? Is GNU make illegal too?

Please refrain from posting uninformed and false accusations.

Volker

--
PGP/GPG key  (ID: 0x9F8A785D)  available  from  wwwkeys.de.pgp.net
key-fingerprint 550D F17E B082 A3E9 F913  9E53 3D35 C9BA 9F8A 785D