Request for comments: port-tags

Anton Berezin tobez at freebsd.org
Mon Nov 7 08:14:49 PST 2005

On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 07:55:39AM -0800, Michael C. Shultz wrote:
> On Monday 07 November 2005 07:46, Anton Berezin wrote:

> > I would like to point http://bsd2.be/port-tags/ to you, and hopefully
> > get you to check it out and make your comments and suggestions.

> > Port-tags is like del.icio.us [http://del.icio.us/] for FreeBSD ports
> > collection.

> I'd like to see a copy of the tags data base. Providing it in a similar maner
> as the INDEX file might come in handly.

http://bsd2.be/port-tags/port-tags.db - it's an sqlite3 database
currently.

I will publish the source code in a couple of days time, too.

But speaking about INDEX, it is not inconceivable that we could extend
its format to include tags as the last |-separated field - if the idea
takes off.

Cheers,
\Anton.
--
An undefined problem has an infinite number of solutions.
-- Robert A. Humphrey