Please resurrect trafshow v.3!

Dmitry Pryanishnikov dmitry at atlantis.dp.ua
Mon Nov 7 05:24:36 PST 2005

Hello!

> Date:      Sat, 5 Nov 2005 14:26:45 +0000 (UTC)
> From:      Jean-Yves Lefort <jylefort at FreeBSD.org>
> Subject:   cvs commit: ports/net/trafshow Makefile distinfo pkg-descr
>            pkg-message.nodevfs pkg-plist ports/net/trafshow/files patch-ac
>            patch-af patch-ag patch-ah patch-configure
>
> jylefort    2005-11-05 14:26:45 UTC
>
>  FreeBSD ports repository
>
>  Modified files:
>    net/trafshow         Makefile distinfo pkg-descr pkg-plist
>  Added files:
>    net/trafshow         pkg-message.nodevfs
>  Removed files:
>    net/trafshow/files   patch-ac patch-af patch-ag patch-ah
>                         patch-configure
>  Log:
>  - Update to 5.2.1 [1]

  Is it possible to keep old good trafshow v.3 under, say, net/trafshow3? I've
tried to use trafshow v.5, but I would say that it violates POLA severily:

  o It does traffic aggregation by default, and it's impossible to turn it off
    from it's configuration file.

  o It converses numbers to "human-readable" form like '42K' which seems
    confusingly less than say '9800' at the first glance, AND it can't be
    turned off!

  o Option '-n' turn protocol decoding off. I would say that it's not always
    obvious that protocol 6 = TCP even for advanced trafshow user.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't like the new design of good
old trafshow and wants trafshow v.3 to be available.

Sincerely, Dmitry
--
Atlantis ISP, System Administrator
e-mail:  dmitry at atlantis.dp.ua