Ruby-gems in the ports tree

Jonathan Weiss jw at innerewut.de
Mon May 30 06:17:12 PDT 2005

> Hi!
>

> I want to combine ruby-gems, a package management system for ruby libraries
> and programs, into the ports tree like done for PHP and Pear or Perl and
> CPAN.
>
> As more and more popular ruby libraries and applications are (only)
> available as gems, this should be a usefull feature of the ports tree.

I have now a first version avaliable.

It creates a Makefile.common in devel/ruby-gems that gem-ports include.
With it I created some example ports.

You can find instructions here:

http://blog.innerewut.de/articles/2005/05/30/first-version-of-rubygems-in-th
e-freebsd-ports-tree

Can someboy please test and comment on it?

I would love to have something like this in the ports tree.

Thanks,
Jonathan

--

Jonathan Weiss