oopackages.good-day.net - Service not available, remote server has closed connection.

Ryan Rempel rgrempel at gmail.com
Sun May 29 16:02:13 PDT 2005

On 5/21/05, Oliver Lehmann <oliver at freebsd.org> wrote:

> I would like to compile openoffice-2.0-devel but:
>
> root at kartoffel openoffice-2.0-devel> ftp
> ftp://ooopackages.good-day.net/pub/OpenOffice.org/sources/
> Connected to ooopackages.good-day.net.
> 220 ProFTPD 1.2.10 Server (Debian) [220.218.54.195]
> 331 Anonymous login ok, send your complete email address as your password.
> 230-Welcome, archive user anonymous at p5084D0DA.dip.t-dialin.net !
> 230-
> 230-The local time is: Sat May 21 16:35:48 2005
> 230-
> 230-This is an experimental FTP server.  If have any unusual problems,
> 230-please report them via e-mail to <root at localhost.localdomain>.
> 230-
> 421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection.
> ftp: Login failed.
> ftp: Can't connect or login to host `ooopackages.good-day.net'
> Exit 1
> root at kartoffel openoffice-2.0-devel>
>
> The port cannot download the sourcefile and google knows nothing about
> OOo_1.9m103_source.tar.bz2 - can someone make the sourcefile available
> for me somewhere?

I am seeing the same thing. It appears that the ftp server is not
functioning correctly. I would encourage anyone who can look into it
to do so.

In the meantime, if you go to the URL for downloading openoffice-2 and
follow the links, the source is available at many of those sites, so
you can download it manually from there. You may have to rename the
file, as the port uses a different file name convention. Also, you may
not find m103 -- I can see m100 and m104 in a number of places. (And
the port has been updated to m105, the source for which I can't find
anywhere, oddly enough).

http://download.openoffice.org/680/index.html#download