anomaly with samba-libsmbclient

Steve Friedrich freeBSD at InsightBB.com
Thu May 26 11:23:33 PDT 2005

On Wed, 25 May 2005 19:52:29 -0700, Robert wrote:

> [...]

&hl=en#ae7584863ca5d224

Thanks for the info.

It didn't work out quite so easily for me as it did for Young Coot.

I discovered what appeared to be old version of libkrb5 in /usr/lib.  It appears to me that they were moved sometime after FreeBSD 4.7 to /usr/local/lib.  I couldn't find an entry in
/usr/ports/MOVED, but that may be because a port was replaced rather than moved.

I removed the files in /usr/lib (libkrb5*)
and installed/deinstalled port security/krb5, hoping it the packing list had previously been in error and hopefully now fixed.  But samba-libsmbclient seems to insist it needs libkrb5 (in fact, it still
believes the proper port is heimdal).

Anyway, I gave in and installed krb5 and samba-libsmbclient is finally happily building.