What happened to milter-sender?

Harald Schmalzbauer harry at schmalzbauer.de
Mon May 23 18:33:28 PDT 2005

Am Montag, 23. Mai 2005 23:25 schrieb Adam Weinberger:
> Harald Schmalzbauer wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I was wondering why I can't find milter-sende in the ports tree, but
> > google found commit messages, so it has been there once.
> > (last activity I found was the UPDATING remark on 20040709, I cc'd to
> > the author)
> >
> > Thanks for any hints,
> >
> > -Harry
> >
> > P.S.: Please CC to me, I'm not subscribed
>
> It's been gone for nearly half a year now. Looks like another stupid
> licence-related issue. Also, vs was not the author; he's just the guy
> who took care of removing the port.
>
> # Adam
>

> Revision 1.44, Thu Dec 2 10:00:26 2004 UTC (5 months, 2 weeks ago) by vs
> Branch: MAIN
> CVS Tags: HEAD
> Changes since 1.43: +1 -1 lines
> FILE REMOVED

Thanks a lot for that excerpt. Since the source code is still officially
available I could cvsup against my local mirror and salvage this great
port by setting the date as tag.
The port had alread been marked RESTRICTED, and the source code ist still
available, so I don't have any idea why it had to be removed...

Thanks,

-Harry