file://localhost/usr/ports/misc/mmv/README.html

Bill Vermillion bv at wjv.com
Sun May 22 03:53:20 GMT 2005

Ashes to ashes, and DOS to DOS Kris Kennaway was heard to say
on or about Sat, May 21, 2005 at 20:08 :

> On Sat, May 21, 2005 at 09:47:13PM -0400, Bill Vermillion wrote:
> > Throwing caution to the wind and speaking without thinking about
> > what was being said on Tue, May 17, 2005 at 22:11 ,
> > Kris Kennaway blurted this:

> > > No, it's still in the same place.

> > I just went and looked again, and I'm damned if I can find it.

> > The master side at wuarchive.wustl.edu has undergone drastic
> > changes.  I've perused the ports and under misc I do not find
> > anything with mmv.  An ls of mm* doesn't show it.

> Oh, you are talking about the distfile...I thought you were talking
> about the package.  5 seconds on google found a copy, and I replaced
> the master site with a working one.  It would be helpful if you could
> do a more thorough job and submit a PR patching the port to use
> several.

I could fine neither.   My first reply was just out of the
README.html in the ports tree.

I'm not familiar with submitting a PR so I guess I need to study up
on that.  Sorry.

> P.S. The reason this distfile is not available on ftp.freebsd.org is
> because the port is marked NO_PACKAGE.

In that case why does the 'make' in /usr/ports/misc/mmv try to find
one when it can't get the one from wustl.edu?

Thanks for fixing the Makefile to point to a good archive.  I see
it alread when I cvsup'ed the ports tree again.  I'm sure others
will appreciate that.

I'll try to do better in describing problems.

Bill

--
Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com