Eclipse

Ralf Folkerts ralf.folkerts at gmx.de
Fri May 20 14:59:12 GMT 2005

Hi Marko,

> Anyone have Eclipse running? The port is currently
> marked broken.
>
> >From reading the Eclipse documentation, I take it that
> it must be installed in  Linux compatibility mode.

you might try the "eclipse-devel"-Port (it's currently the 3.1-M6) if
you don't have any Requirements of 3.0; I must admit I didn't build it,
as I have the Eclipse 3.0 installed, both can't be installed at the same
time as the "eclipse-devel"-Ports warns, and I'm not sure if my Plugins
will still work with 3.1 :-)

The 3.1 has the adventage that, with the 3.1-M7 there should be a boost
in Performance (see
http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/S-3.1M7-200505131415/eclipse-news-part1-M7.html ). Please note, however, that the Version in the Ports is "still" 3.1-M6 - not sure when the M7 will be put in the ports (it's just a few days "old").

HTH, Cheers,
_ralf_