Incrementally building ports INDEX

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Thu May 19 18:38:34 GMT 2005

On Thu, May 19, 2005 at 12:22:08PM +0200, Angelo Turetta wrote:
> What the state-of-the-art tool used to build the INDEX/INDEX-5 file?
>
> Kris, how is it built on the package cluster?

Essentially just 'make index'.

Someone has an incremental index build tool in ports(see other reply),
but I haven't seen commits to this in quite a while so I don't know
whether it's not actively maintained or if it just works.  There are
many subtleties with incremental index building, and I haven't
evaluated this tool to see whether it handles them all or if it's just
"close enough for most people".

Kris