FreeBSD Port: automake19-1.9.5

Wed May 18 04:49:53 PDT 2005

Matthew Soffen <msoffen at iso-ne.com> wrote:

> I've recently upgraded my dev box to FreeBSD 4.11 ( 5.3 wouldn't install
> on the box at all ) .  I installed automake19,  autoconf259, and
> libtool15.
>
> However NONE of the Linux HA tools would work.  They were looking for
> automake ( not automake19) so as a check, I created soft links.  This
> seemed to work until something needed to re-run the autotools.

> Would it be possible to have the package install either a symlink or a
> hardlink for the specific files ?

AFAIK the autotools situation is as follows:
The plain autotools packages are for the use in the ports collection. If you
want to participate in the development of 3rd party software on FreeBSD you
have to use the gnu-XXX verions of the autotools (e.g. devel/gnu-automake).

If some of those are outdated, feel free to submit updates to the maintainer.

Bye,
Alexander.

Real programmers are secure enough to write readable code,
which they then self-righteously refuse to explain.