Problem in 'make index' using portsdb

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Fri May 13 11:09:03 PDT 2005

:
> # ports options
> BATCH=yes
> WITHOUT_GNOME=yes
> WITH_OPTIMIZED_CFLAGS=yes
> WITH_BDB_VER=43
> WITH_MYSQL_VER=41
> WITH_OPENSSL_PORT=yes
> WITH_OPTIMIZED_BYTESWAP=yes
> WITH_DVD_DEVICE="/dev/acd0"

The problem is that the dns/fastresolve port doesn't know how to build
with Berkley DB 4.3 (WITH_BDB_VER).

Building the ports INDEX file with these changes in your
/etc/make.conf haven't been tested, and are unsupported.  You'll need
to do the following:

mv /etc/make.conf /etc/make.conf.old
portsdb -fU
mv /etc/make.conf.old /etc/make.conf

You could also try fixing the dns/fastresolve port to build with
Berkley DB 4.3, but you'll find that another port will break.

Someone should consolidate these Berkley DB selection into a
bsd.berkleydb.mk file someday.

Scot