HEADS UP: mod_perl2 API changes

Sergey Matveychuk sem at FreeBSD.org
Thu May 12 01:37:46 PDT 2005

Lars Eggert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> your friendly mod_perl2 maintainer here:
>
> Maintainers of ports depending on www/mod_perl2, be advised that the
> API of revisions newer than RC3 - which is what we have currently in
> the ports tree - significantly change the API. Applications using the
> old API *will* break. I'm personally not too excited about a major  API
> change during the release process; the mod_perl guys have this to  say
> (http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/rename.html):

These ports will be affected (read: broken)
list with maintainers:

chinese/metalist - autrijus at autrijus.org
devel/p5-Log-Dispatch - mat at FreeBSD.org
www/p5-Apache-AuthCookie - ports at FreeBSD.org
www/p5-Apache-AuthenCache - ports at FreeBSD.org
www/p5-Apache-DBI - skv at FreeBSD.org
www/p5-Apache-Gallery - kvs at pil.dk
www/p5-Apache-GopherHandler - toni.viemero at iki.fi
www/p5-Apache-MP3 - dom at happygiraffe.net
www/p5-Apache-ParseFormData - nistor at snickers.org
www/p5-Apache-Peek - skv at FreeBSD.org
www/p5-Apache-Scoreboard - tcornpropst at cox.net
www/p5-B-LexInfo - tcornpropst at cox.net
www/p5-PLP - apeiron at comcast.net
www/p5-Kwiki-ModPerl - ports at FreeBSD.org
www/p5-MasonX-Apache2Handler - autrijus at autrijus.org
www/p5-MasonX-WebApp - hcoyote at ghostar.org
www/p5-libapreq2 - autrijus at autrijus.org
www/rt3 - autrijus at autrijus.org
www/rt32 - autrijus at autrijus.org

Total: 20

I going to mark them 'broken with mod_perl2 new API' after the update.

--
Sem.