multimedia/mplayer breakage?

Damian Gerow dgerow at afflictions.org
Wed May 11 23:54:34 PDT 2005

I sup'ed my ports tonight, and forced an upgrade of mplayer (I hadn't
bothered checking to see if anything had changed), and now suddenly I can't
read DVDs:

    % mplayer dvd://1
    MPlayer 1.0pre7-3.4.2 (C) 2000-2005 MPlayer Team
    CPU: Advanced Micro Devices Opteron Sledgehammer (Family: 8, Stepping: 10)
    Detected cache-line size is 64 bytes
    MMX supported but disabled
    MMX2 supported but disabled
    SSE supported but disabled
    SSE2 supported but disabled
    3DNow supported but disabled
    3DNowExt supported but disabled
    Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions:

    Playing dvd://1.
    Reading disc structure, please wait...
    libdvdread: Invalid main menu IFO (VIDEO_TS.IFO).
    Can't open VMG info!

    Exiting... (End of file)
    %

Anything else that uses libdvdread (xine, vobcopy, lsdvd, dvdbackup, etc)
seems to work just fine.